And started painting the sky....
Well first comes the typical name painting on the walls - no room is complete without a Lyons stamp! "Baby" is a custom made blue to match the colors in the Dr. Seuss decals. "Lyons" is a traditional light blue. It took awhile to choose as the Dr. Seuss blue was very vibrant and fun but in the end we decided on a more sky blue color.
The room sat with just the sky blue and green, grassy hills for weeks while Jon pulled off the pale yellow base boards and nailed on new, fancy white base boards. For those that don't know, our house was flipped and the paint job was awful! They painted EVERYTHING this disgusting pale yellow color. By everything, I mean base boards, window trim, air vents, closets....literally everything! As we update rooms, we are slowly fixing their laziness.
After the adoption shower, it was finally time to start putting the room together. Jon put together the crib and toddler bed with Maggie's help of course.
I worked on putting the books on the bookshelf, taking apart the diaper cakes, putting diapers away, putting sheets on mattresses, organizing toys, etc. Look how tiny little kid clothes are!
Yesterday we got to put the finishing touches on the room. Dr. Seuss decals went up, truffula trees went up and picture frames went up. We can now say we are officially ready for our children!!
Interesting fact: The dresser in this picture is the dresser my parents used to change me!
|
| The curtains in this picture were made by my mom. They have little truffula trees on them. The pink, yellow, & blue truffula trees in the corner are from our adoption shower! |
What do you think of our future children's room?
It's so freaking cute! I'm so glad I got to see it in person. :)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I'm glad you got to see it too!
Delete